SBS Carbon Copy Downtown Business of the Year
...downtown business owners and employees, volunteers, and City officials gathered to celebrate downtown's outstanding independent businesses and recognize the many volunteers working to further Waterville's downtown revitalization efforts. SBS Carbon Copy was named. more...
year-round calendar of events| event sponsorship opportunities (PDF, 441KB) | CONTACT US
We hope you visit downtown for all your shopping needs. Make a day of it! Dine at one of our fabulous restaurants and spend an afternoon browsing and shopping at our many independently owned businesses. Stop in to say hello to see what they have to offer. Please see the Downtown Waterville Loyalty Coupon offerings. This is a quarterly publication in which our Downtown Merchants offer a new sale or special to reward local customers.
Maine Open Juried Art Show
Plans are underway for the Maine Open Juried Art Show to be held from March 22 through April 26 at the Waterville Public Library. Now entering its 24th year, the Maine Open Juried Art Show attracts over 80 artists representing over 50 Maine communities and a variety of media, including oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel and other media. Questions?? Please call 207 680-2055 or email June - download show information and entry form by clicking here.
Sponsored in part by: Perry, Fitts, Boulette & Fitton, CPAs, Waterville Area Art Society, Waterville Main Street, the late Walter Simcock & Colby College Museum of Art
The Waterville Farmers' Market
The Farmers' Market is coming back to the Concourse every Thursday, beginning April 17 through November 20th. The hours are 2-6pm. The market will offer everything from herbs to eggs, vegetables to goat cheese. Other products that will be available at the market include meat products, cut and dried flowers, seedlings, maple products, berries, annuals and perennials, baked goods and jams and so much more. For more information on the market, please visit Waterville Farmers' Market.
Waterville Opera House, One Common Street, Waterville (207) 873-7000
Theater & Dance
- "The Vagina Monologues" March 7, 8 at 7:30pm; March 9 at 2pm
- "Sharp-Dressed Men" March 7, 8, 14, 15 at 7:30pm; March 9, 16 at 2pm, Studio Theater, 93 Main Street, 1st Floor
- "Shrek The Musical" April 4, 5, 11, 12 at 7:30pm; April 6, 12, 13 at 2pm
- "Shirley Valentine" May 9, 10 at 7:30pm; May 11 at 2pm, Studio Theater, 93 Main Street, 1st Floor
- "August: Osage County" May 30, 31, June 6, 7 at 7:30pm; June 1, 8 at 2pm
Music & Comedy
Monday Night Movies
- "The Man Sho Shot Liberty Valance" February 28, 7pm
- Tour of the American West Gallery with works from the Lunder Collection (Colby Museum of Art), Saturday, March 1, 11:30am
- "The Far Country" Waterville Opera House, Saturday, March 1, 1pm
- "The Missouri Breaks", Waterville Opera House, Saturday March 1, 7pm
- Tour of the American West Gallery with works from the Lunder Collection (Colby Museum of Art), Saturday, March 2, 1pm
- "The Searches" Waterville Opera House, Sunday, March 2, 2:30pm
- "Prince Igor" Waterville Opera House, March 5, 6pm (rebroadcast)
- "The Metropolitan Opera Live in HD - Vermeer And Music: The Art of Love And Leisure" Waterville Opera House, March 12, 10am
- "National Theater Live Werther" Waterville Opera House, March 19, 7pm (rebroadcast)
- "National Theater's War Horse" Waterville Opera House, March 22, 7pm
- "The Metropolitan Opera Live in HD - La Boheme" Waterville Opera House, April 5, 12:55pm
- "The Metropolitan Opera Live in HD - Cosi Fan Tutte" Waterville Opera House, April 26, 12:55pm
- "The Metropolitan Opera Live in HD - La Cenerentola" Waterville Opera House, May 10, 12:55pm
Arts Fest Reimagined
Waterville Creates! invites creators of all types to participate in one of the oldest outdoor art shows in the state. This year Waterville Arts Fest will take place on Saturday, July 12, 2014 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in beautiful Downtown Waterville. The rain date is Sunday, July 13.
In addition to the art show and sale, this year's festival is reimagined with a sense of play, with more partners and new activities, including:
- Waterville Open House: "Improvisational Shorts" dramatic mini-performances
- MIFF on Edge: This year Arts Fest will be held during the Maine International Film Festival. Maine Film enter will also hold a youth film competition and film exhibition in downtown locations.
- Waterville Public Library: Chalk it Up sidewalk art activity with an illustrator and sidewalk chalk for families
- Colby College Museum of Art
- Common Street Arts: Outdoor Family Clay Day - a FREE family event with wheel demonstrations in Castonguay Square and hands-on projects and studio tours; sign up for clay classes and receive 10% off.
- Stained Glass Express: Glass-blown bead making and mosaic building
- Music in the Streets: Outdoor music performances at Mainely Brews and Silver Street
- KV Connect newcomers tent with a passport raffle contest to encourage participation from young professionals
- Scavenger Hunt to encourage exploration
- ...and much more
All artists are welcome to register now, and we ask that new artists submit three (3) digital images of their work with the registration form. We will notify you by May 30 if for any reason your application has not been accepted. Booth space is 10' by 10' and the registration fee is $35 before May 2 and $50 after May 2. You may fill out a registration form online and submit payment by clicking here. If you prefer to print off a registration form and send it in the mail along with payment, click here. If you have any questions, please call Waterville Main Street, M-F, 8am-2pm (207) 680-2055 or send an June.
Arts Fest is sponsored in part by:
KFS - Kennebec Federal Savings
|back to the top
|Year Round Calendar of Downtown Events
* denotes events that are NOT coordinated by Waterville Main Street
Maine Open Juried Art Show, March 22 - April 26, 2014
The Waterville Area Art Society and Waterville Main Street are proudly co-presenting the 2014 Maine Open Juried Art Show at the spectacular, newly-renovated Waterville Public Library in Downtown Waterville. Now entering its 23rd year, the Maine Open Juried Art Show attracts over 80 artists representing over 50 Maine communities and a variety of media, including oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel, and other media.
|Downtown Waterville Farmers' Market - Thursdays in the Concourse
Last Thursday in April through Thursday before Thanksgiving, 2-6pm
Shoppers will delight in the wide variety of locally produced meats, veggies, fruits, breads, cheese, seedlings, milk, eggs, and SO much more. Read more about the market and its vendors online at www.watervillefarmersmarket.org. Better yet, come check it out in person!
Special thanks to the DWFM Sponsor:
|Maine International Film Festival, July 11-20, 2014*
A 10-day event featuring the best of American independent, international, and Maine-made films. Visiting actors and filmmakers interact with attendees in intimate Q&As and at lively receptions and parties.
| Annual Waterville Intown Arts Fest, July 12, 2014
Over 100 artists line Main Street in beautiful Downtown Waterville for one of the state's oldest art shows. Offering a wide variety of art in a range of prices, the Waterville Intown Arts Fest promises something for everyone.
|Taste of Greater Waterville, August 6, 2014*
Join the Mid-Maine Chamber of Commerce under the stars in Downtown Waterville to celebrate the Greater Waterville area and share the region's finest cuisine.
|12th Annual Harvest Fest NOW Combined with Hill 'n the Ville, October 2014
The day-long event will feature hayrides, scarecrow-making, pumpkin carving, and entertainment and activities from Colby's civic and social clubs like a cappella groups and Woodsmen, KV Connect's young professionals and local vendors.
"The spirit of this event is to have a family fun day, where Colby students share with the community what they're up to on campus, in a beautiful waterfront setting, and really get to know each other. Groups of volunteers are excited to work together in this way, and bring new energy to the table," said Jennifer, Olsen, Executive Director of Waterville Main Street.
| Kringleville Auction, Wednesday, October 2014
This event is to raise money for Waterville Main Street's most cherished and loved events. Kringleville kicks off with the Parade of Lights bringing Santa to Downtown Waterville for the holidays. The lighting of the giant spruce in Castonguay Square and the beginning of Santa & Mrs. Claus visiting with children during the holidays in Downtown Waterville.
| Parade of Lights, November 28, 2014
Watch dozens of floats light up Main Street as Santa arrives in Downtown Waterville, and the giant spruce tree is lit in Castonguay Square.
|Kringleville, November 28 - December 21, 2014
One of Downtown's oldest traditions. Parents, bring your children to visit Santa at his Waterville home. This year Santa will have visiting hours at REM, 93 Main Street in Downtown Waterville. Visit www.kringleville.com for more information, including Santa's schedule, photos from past years and more!
|back to the top
Waterville Main Street
44 Main Street, Suite 202
Waterville, ME 04901
Telephone: (207) 680-2055
Fax: (207) 680-2056
Jennifer Olsen, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org
June L'Heureux, Office Manager email@example.com